- Sales planner defines the sales targets and creates the strategy that meets goals and achieves sales and marketing results. This includes generating a rolling consolidated sales plan in accordance with customer demands, monitoring stock levels and condition in warehouses and making sure that planned items are produced and delivered to customers in correct quantity and quality.
A. Updating of the MRP
- Review of forecast (3 months, 6 months and 1 year) to generate a plan to produce in accordance to minimum batch size and standard rates.
- Finish good monitoring from fast moving, slow moving and nonmoving items.
- Creation of weekly plan based on made to stocks requirement, delivery schedules, made to order provided by the sales planner.
- Cascading of weekly plans to production and material planner.
- Monitoring of week to date production runs to oversee potential threats on not achieving the target.
- Alignment with sales and material planners for the possible revision of planned schedule.
B. Risk Mitigation
- Monitors internal and external constraints and creates mitigation steps accordingly. Some constraints may include the following but are not limited to:
- Delays RM/PM arrival and availability, production downtime, quality concerns, sudden requirements with no forecast, email responses
- Mitigation steps may include but are not limited to:
- Allocation of buffer stock levels according to identified and measured delays above
- Identifying problematic FG that may need and creates a plan with production and material to mitigate.
- Advising sales team on delays in order to client manage their requirement to minimize impact.
- Monitors and addresses internal constraints such as, but not limited to:
- Slow-moving / on-moving FG
- System accuracy
- Conservative forecast
- Ensure movement of FG with high forecast and SOH
C. Finance Control
- Establishes baseline for stock covers and buffers per SKU
- Identifies Carrying Cost targets based on required stock covers and buffers
D. Design, Documentation and Filing
- Documentation and document maintenance of methodologies (ISO standard) for all aspects of Material Planning, Risk Mitigation
E. Admin Functions
- Send weekly accomplishment reports to superiors that contain updates on:
- Top Customers requirements and targets
- Critical issues encountered and resolved or pending actions
- Big impact shift in materials and production
- Delays tracking
- Contribute towards the Strategic Planning program of Demand Team
- Closely coordinates with demand and supply teams for requirements.