Pilot (YC W17) is looking for an Operations Specialist – Payments to expand our rapidly-growing team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an exceptional team, our banking partners, and help us serve our customers.
A bit about who we are:
We are Pilot, our mission is to create a more open, worldwide job market. We help companies handle payroll, benefits and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in life shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that too. We’re a team of 16 backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on:
As an Operations Specialist – Payments you will be responsible for making sure when a payment is initiated by us that all documentation required by our banking partners are correct and collected in a timely manner, assuring that our customers are able to receive payments. You will:
- Work closely with our support teams to make sure that Pilot customers have as positive of an experience as possible
- Check for documentation errors and work with the customer to resolve them quickly
- Work daily with our banking partners, payments processors, and clients to assure the efficiency of the payments systems
- Contact banks and partners to resolve issues and make sure our customers are in compliance
- Be responsible for monitoring day-to-day documentation requirement
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with financial documentation compliance
- Experience at a fast-growing company
- Solid Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- There’s no task too menial for you. You roll up your sleeves and get things done.
We’d especially like to talk to you if:
- You have experience and desire to work in a distributed environment
- You are based in Brazil
- You have experience in Brazilian employment banking requirements
- You speak Portuguese
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world. We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.