Working for IronmongeryDirect is not just a job, but an opportunity to develop a career with a recognised UK Best Workplace in 2020. We are the largest supplier of specialist ironmongery to builders, joiners, and shopfitters and have been for more than 50 years with year on year continued growth. We’re also part of the Manutan Group, and have expanded our family in the UK by launching ElectricalDirect.
The Digital department takes pride in being a fun and energetic team that enjoys working together to solve interesting challenges. Everybody in the team plays a key role in growing the business, and we all bring something unique to the department.
Digital Product Manager
At IronmongeryDirect we are looking for a Front-End Developer to join our ever-growing team, where you will hit the ground running improving, optimising, and building on features and the future of our website. IronmongeryDirect prides itself on being a highly-motivated, industry leader who is renowned for the talented ecommerce department.
Projects range from small integrations to highly complex tasks that directly impact on website functionally, our systems and processes, and ultimately our customers’ experiences.
This position will have a strong frontend focus, primarily consuming services created for a front-end website, with a focus on ensuring continual site speed improvements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- As an experienced front-end developer, you will be working with other teams in an Agile environment learning the needs of the business to ensure the best user experience possible.
- A successful candidate will have an eye for detail, and a good understanding of best practices, as well as experience in testing, visualization, design, and an ability to choose the best tool for the job.
- Working with stakeholders to identify needs and user requirements
- Support maintenance, bugs, and customer feedback of web applications
- Challenge, innovate and champion the use of new technologies and best practices.
Skills and experience:
- Experience in responsive and accessible web design for multiple platforms
- Excellent problem-solving skills are a must, along with an ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, organised, and accountable with a real passion for technology
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, collaboration, and planning
- Desired Ghost inspector experience (unit testing)
- Monday-Friday 3:30PM-12:30AM OR 4PM-1AM
- Temporary work from home- Eastwood after pandemic
- Must have strong internet connection minimum of 10 mbps
- Outsourced will provide the equipment
By clicking on the “I’m Interested” button I hereby allow Outsourced Quality Assured Services, Inc. (“Outsourced”) to store and collect my personal information for the purposes of employment application. As such, I agree and authorize Outsourced to collect, store, or continue to use my personal information for the above-stated purpose, and to retain my personal information for a period of 1 year, and for these purposes only.