Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you’ll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
Want to solve unique, highly complex technical problems? Playco Is seeking an experienced Mobile Applications Engineer to join our product teams. As a Mobile Applications Engineer at Playco, you will play a pivotal role in creating a platform to revolutionize the instant games development industry. Our engineers are great at understanding what it takes to build a feature end to end, from the user experience on mobile, to the APIs supporting that experience on the backend. They are capable of learning new frameworks quickly, and always optimize to do the best thing for the user.
No matter what you work on each day, you will work with the best engineers in the world; we have top talent in every part of our stack. You will build products that help us connect millions of people, create new features that have millions of interactions per day, and be part of a team that’s working to help people connect with each other around the world.
- Full Stack web and mobile application development with a variety of coding languages.
- Be a key member of a high performing product development team, looking to iterate fast on a fun concept and then building it out.
- Implement a combination of web and mobile interfaces using Typescript, Kotlin and Swift.
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define features specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React & React Native.
- Have real input on end-user products and always be a champion of the user!
- Collaborate with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems, and technology to deliver world-class social games.
- Help to onboard new team members, provide mentorship and enable successful ramp up on your team.
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- Experience building mobile applications in React Native, Kotlin, or Swift.
- Experience building APIs and backends to support product features on mobile or web.
- Solid familiarity with deployment on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes.
- Experience in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions.
- Be a strong and creative team player with great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment in multiple time zones.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.