Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
As a PowerPoint designer, you would be responsible for the layout of key communication materials such as PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, event invites and other branded materials for the Avaloq group. You would be a member of our Marketing services and operations team which is part of Avaloq’s Marketing & Communications department – a diverse and international group of professionals who all share the passion to shape the digital transformation of the financial industry.
The ideal candidate approaches design problems conceptually with a desire to be innovative, transforming complex messaging into a clean and contemporary presentation while developing supporting infographics, icons, animations and transitions that drive action.
You will be working in an international team of diverse, energetic, and highly skilled financial and technology communication and marketing professionals who are focused on supporting our clients, prospects, partners & industry understand Avaloq’s complex yet extremely beneficial offering.
This role is within the Brand and design team of Avaloq’s Marketing and Communication department, which reports to the Group Chief Operations Officer.
- Work directly with key stakeholders to determine presentation requirements and provide design recommendations
- Apply storytelling methods through impactful messaging and graphic design skills to create on-brand presentations
- Comprehend, communicate, and address goals, concerns and revisions throughout project process
- Communicate with and respond to project requests in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- Oversee quality control on each project prior to returning it to the requester; checking brand guidelines, requester edits and proofreading edits
- Apply excellent digital file management skills to keep each project organized and ready for the next user
What you need
- 4+ years of professional work experience in graphic design, PowerPoint presentation, photo editing
- Ability to enhance content to create call-to-actions while designing infographics from raw data
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs and PowerPoint presentations
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple tasks
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your design works
- Client service focus
You will get extra points for the following
Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
A can-do attitude that sees opportunities in change and can bring strong ideas and practices to our team
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s’ contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.