Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is simple. We’re here to create the Worlds go-to Digital Services Marketplace! The services and user experiences we’ve already created are being used by more than 5,000 agencies, brands and in-house marketing teams all around the world.
Your Mission 💻
To mentor and lead a small team of software engineers to solve technical challenges and create efficient, reusable code to help scale our platform as we grow. You’ll be responsible for the planning, project management and reporting of new engineering implementations within our platform.
About FATJOE 🏠 (fatjoe.com)
FATJOE is a platform that delivers productised marketing services to agencies and marketing teams all over the world. Bootstrapped from launch in 2012, we’ve hustled our way to become an incredibly scalable company with yearly revenues of $10m+ and a team of almost 150 people structured into Marketing, Operations, Tech and Freelancers.
About The Role
We are looking for someone who is a natural leader and technical problem solver to mentor our small team of software engineers tasked with solving highly technical problems and implementing solutions to help scale. As a company driven by technology, we need you to drive things forward, inspire change and get sht done.
– To believe and contribute to our mission of becoming the worlds go-to digital marketing services platform
– Mentor a small team of software engineers to create efficient, reusable code that can be deployed and utilised in many parts of the platform now and in the future
– Conceive solid engineering ideas, layout roadmaps for development and create a user-experience focussed delivery
– Analyse our current platform to identify technical inefficiencies and optimise them for maximum speed and scalability
– Help create and maintain stringent unit testing to verify code behaviour independently from other parts of the system
– Always work to high standards and maintain procedures to help minimise technical debt
– Utilise trouble and debugging skills and techniques to find problems within our existing platform and take the steps to resolve them
The Skills You Might Need 🛠
Whilst we use these right now, we’re absolutely open to new technologies and skills to help us scale. Let us know what you can bring to the table 😉
– PHP 7.3+
– OOP using frameworks such as Laravel / CodeIgniter
– MySQL / MariaDB
– CSS with SASS (SCSS)
– Version control using GIT
– AWS, pipelines & application deployment
– Unit Testing
– Cypress Testing
Experience That Will Be Useful
– 3+ years experience of using server side patterns and languages like PHP (Laravel/CodeIgniter)
– Experience in managing a hosting environment, including database administration as well as scaling applications to handle load changes
– Adhering to ‘security by design’ principles to minimise attack surface area, establish secure defaults and fail securely
– Some knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
– An understanding of GDPR and its role in application development and data storage
– Experience with version control, such as Git
– Experience in working with stakeholders to create scopes for new project developments
– Good organisation and leadership skills to mentor and drive our engineering talent
– Good with verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
– Experience with creating documentation for code implementation
This is a short term and part time role initially (30 hours) to lead a small team of 2 engineers and a QA tester however this could turn into a longer term relationship to become a permanent arrangement should both parties feel this is a good fit.
Be sure to mention the words WILL SHIELD CART when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human.
Salary and compensation: $70,000 — $100,000/year
Location: 🌏 Worldwide