EAGLE Power Holdings aims to launch a portfolio of new energy retail brands, all of which enjoy the efficiency of a single technology platform. We want to do more than offer cheap “green” tariffs, and believe that our range of engaging brands can identify with shifts in consumer preferences (e.g. growth of EV usage), with the value of local communities, and with proactive support of broader ESG causes.
Our long-term strategy is technology-driven, and involves unlocking value through the digitalisation of processes around customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. At the same time, the application of computational power and machine intelligence to the field of energy trading is an area of immense potential. We are firmly committed to realising this possible upside, and are building a cross-functional team dedicated to leading this charge.
How you fit in
Product management is the coordinating function of EAGLE’s software delivery wing. As the Product Manager of the Autotrader team, you provide situational leadership to a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and ML/AI experts. You are expected to drive your team towards the achievement of defined business results. You will be supported by domain experts in the operational and strategic aspects of trading, and will report to the Head of Product.
What your role consists of
As the Product Manager of the Autotrader team, you have the mandate of attaining a target gross margin over a defined period of time. A retailer’s gross margin reflects the profitability of its trading practice (independent of other areas like customer service, marketing, and non-trade operations). In order to achieve this, you will need to:
- Formulate an inspiring vision of the product, backed by suitable discovery and research work
- Translate the vision into an actionable delivery strategy/roadmap, where you connect big goals with specific initiatives
- Establish a system wherein performance can be measured and reported frequently and regularly
- Manage the product backlog: Stock, prioritise, groom, and update backlog items
- Validate solution ideas by defining and testing hypotheses
- Define build requirements for your team, potentially in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Monitor and minimise product risks as you move towards each release
What you bring to this role
We seek a technically fluent PM who combines a solid product thinking background with the appetite and/or acumen for commodity and instrument trading. You must be someone who can both drive the generation of insight in complex problem spaces, and tirelessly organise the efforts of a cross-functional delivery team. We expect that strong candidates can demonstrate most of the following:
- 2-5 years of experience on a cross-functional product team, preferably in a product management role, and preferably for a product that involves lots of data, decisional algorithms, and/or automation
- Thorough understanding of the processes, practices, people, and parlance involved in making and shipping software
- Natural or learned obsession over creating value/impact through your product
- Ability to set good hypotheses and design good experiments
- Healthy (and growing) amount of product flair/intuition
- Ability to switch contexts and manage several parallel initiatives, mastering both the big picture and the fine details
- Ability to drive action and get things built
- Good knowledge of, or an exceptional curiosity towards, the mechanics of instrument and commodity trading, particularly in the energy markets
- Strong numeracy, evidenced through professional experience and/or academic study
- An interest in issues around sustainability, climate, and/or energy
Where we are
While the company is registered in the UK, the software delivery wing is built to be remote-first. Whether you prefer to be in situ or a digital nomad (or anything in between), you are welcome. We are not inclined to support relocation to London for candidates that are not already based there, as we are a remote-first company.
What’s in it for you
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing rates in your local employment market, but there is further room to negotiate if you are the right candidate. In addition to your basic package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited annual leave
- On-the-job coaching, and access to mentorship by industry and domain thought leaders
- Full or partial sponsorship (evaluated case by case) for professional/skill development courses, certifications, and other learning opportunities
- Monthly allowance package for remote working (coworking membership or cash allowance)
- Employee stock options negotiable
- Periodic fully-sponsored travel to the United Kingdom in support of business activities
How to apply
Contact the hiring manager directly at [email protected]. Please provide a recent CV and a few lines about why you are interested in this position.