WordPress VIP is part of the Automattic family of innovative brands. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We get to work with customers like Facebook, Salesforce and Disney and help them create beautiful digital experiences. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive some of the most exciting programs across VIP. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage marketing team where your impact will be significant. We hope you can join us at this exciting stage of company growth!
We’re looking for an experienced product marketing manager to own the commerce portions of our product portfolio. This is a strategic, high impact role reporting directly to WordPress VIP’s Director of Product Marketing.
- Build and execute a go-to-market strategy and playbooks for key capabilities, use cases and verticals for our commerce solutions in the fast growing digital experience market.
- Launch new products and features to target prospects, channel partners, and the existing WordPress and WooCommerce enterprise customer bases.
- Own positioning across the competitive landscape and internal market intelligence and sales enablement of key messages and differentiators.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the sales funnel, personas, industries, and use cases to drive sales and marketing asset development.
- Produce compelling content that communicates our unique capabilities. Content can include solution briefs, reference architectures, case studies, sales enablement material, product videos, web copy, white papers, demos, and more.
- Be a strategic advisor across Product, Engineering and Sales on roadmap priorities and product packaging.
- Have at minimum 3+ years of experience launching successful GTM for B2B products and services.
- Have experience working closely with enterprise sales teams on messaging, content, and playbooks.
- Have worked in highly cross-functional teams, and have demonstrated accomplishments under your belt which showcase your ability to partner with different teams across the company.
- Have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Are a compelling communicator, comfortable presenting to executives, with excellent writing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Please include answers to these questions in your cover letter.
Describe your most successful product launch. What goals did you set and how did the results compare?
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with answers will not be considered.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.