Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular mobile development site on the Internet. We are a small bootstrapped company with just 22 full-time team members, and we work with a wide network of over 300 part-time contractors from around the world who help create tutorials, videos, and books for our site.
Over the past 10 years, our community has published over 5,500 videos, 2,000 articles, and 50 books. Our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers, or create the app of their dreams.
We are seeking a Senior Full-Stack Rails Developer to join our world-class engineering team, to help our senior engineers and designers build some exciting new features into our site, and to help mentor some junior developers on our team.
- Architect and deliver new features to improve the experience of our learning community and customers
- Assist in the design, implementation, and improvements of the application infrastructure
- Plan and perform duties in an asynchronous manner using various documentation tools available
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team on technical design
- Mentor and manage junior developers
- Partake in code reviews to improve the quality of our codebase
- Work with the wider Razeware team to help shape products and features
- Maintain and manage our existing services
- Assist the support team
- Contribute to internal tools and development processes to shape the future of engineering at Razeware
- 5+ years of experience of delivering high-quality projects in Ruby-on-Rails
- Experience with multi service architectures
- Experience leading projects from conception to launch
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills—the ability to weigh costs & benefits and arrive at a sensible compromise
- Strong problem-solving ability—in a technology agnostic manner
- Ability to self direct and prioritize work as needed
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment
Nice to have
Our stack is built on the following technologies. They’re not requirements, but if you’ve got some knowledge, that’s great. You can read a little more about it here: https://engineering.razeware.com/how-does-raywenderlich-com-work
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Multi-service architecture with Ruby on Rails
- Hotwire & vue.js
- Remote working! (worldwide)
- Competitive salary.
- A premium health plan starting your first day.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with matching starting your first day (US only).
- Generous paid time off.
- Equipment budget.
- Professional development budget for work-related learning materials.
- Mentorship and guidance from across our engineering team, including our CTO.
- Work with a friendly, motivated & unique team!
Imagine having the opportunity to work every day with professionals from North America, Europe, across Africa and other diverse teams around the world. At raywenderlich.com, this is a typical experience, as we build collaborative teams with the best talent from all over the world.
Our goal is to create a friendly and inclusive community of developers and educators. We welcome anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, disability, physical ability, race or religion.
Our team connects from nearly every continent, and we’re proud of the diverse perspectives and experiences they bring from the tech industry to provide the best working and learning environments for each other and our learners.
Aligned with our company value of “supporting each other,” last year, we have made a public commitment to examine our own habits and biases as a company, and do our best to support equity in our industry. We welcome applicants who share our vision of diversity and inclusion as we strive to create the most high-quality content for developers world-wide.