About the Role
The Relationship Manager role is responsible for customer retention and growth at WordPress VIP. You are the point person for the business, procurement, and senior product teams running some of the biggest WordPress sites on the web. You have the ability to view customer health holistically and seek new opportunities within a current account.
You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and being the customer’s trusted advisor. You understand that VIP and WordPress are the best partners to support your customers’ content efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a book of WordPress VIP clients, developing an understanding of the business strategy
- Develop high-impact strategies around customer retention and Net Revenue Retention
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities for growth within the accounts
- Represent Automattic and WordPress VIP and build awareness of our products and services in the customer’s organization ie. WooCommerce, Parse.ly.
- Steer complex pricing negotiations with key stakeholders
- Support customers through their full journey from onboarding to expansion.
- Proactively communicate needs, alerts, and statuses internally at WordPress VIP.
- Several years of experience as a Relationship Manager, Customer Success Manager or Account Manager
- Experience communicating and negotiating with C-Suite and other senior executives and stakeholders
- High degree of emotional intelligence and customer empathy
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral, and presentation
- Experience meeting and exceeding Net Revenue Retention (NRR) and growth goals
- Demonstrated ability to steer and de-escalate sensitive or tough customer situations
- Ability to upskill in WordPress
- A deep understanding of Enterprise WordPress and our competitors
- Prior experience in SaaS
- Experience working in a distributed environment and with open-source software would be a plus.
Prospective Relationship Managers will be evaluated by the Platform, Application, and Premier RM teams.