Blue Frog Software is seeking an experienced Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer to join their small team. We are a small software development company, who create software for our clients based in Melbourne Australia. We have clients in various industries, including eCommerce, Transport, digital design, and others. We take pride in providing the best possible service for our clients, who rely on us to build, manage, support and enhance their systems.
Custom Software for Small Businesses
Servicing small businesses and startups in Melbourne. We design, build, deploy, maintain and support software systems for our clients.
Specialties Web development, Software development, Mobile development, and Application development
Work closely with the lead developer / manager to scope, design and build scalable,
performant and secure web applications. You will code, create, and review pull requests
daily. Debug and diagnose production and support issues on client systems, and then
rectify, remediate and deploy fixes to production environments. During any given week,
you may be required to work across multiple projects for different clients. Planning,
estimating and prioritizing work for existing and new projects.
Who you are
- Experienced mid-to-senior level developer. Experienced with the Ruby on Rails framework, and it’s ecosystem of common gems. Comfortable navigating around and contributing to existing Rails codebases.
- As a frontend developer, you will have experience with React and Typescript, as well as common NPM packages used in React projects. You have a thorough understanding of the options and tools available for managing an application’s state and their underlying functional programming concepts.
- You are a great communicator and are active in your development community. You are a pragmatist, and recognise that technology is your toolbelt, creativity your fuel, and business outcomes your objective.
- Working in Github Issues Slack, where tasks and requirements will be documented and managed.
- Will develop new features, or address issues on existing features on client systems, working closely with Blue Frog’s owner/developer to spec, design, implement and deploy.
- TDD/RSpec etc is followed, esp. for backend work. Frontend work will involve implementing designs from Figma, as presented by client’s graphic designers.
- There will be opportunities to learn new skills, work in other technologies, i.e. Node.js, Electron depending what other projects come up.
- 3-5+ years of strong proficiency and working experience using Ruby on Rails
- Strong frontend development experience with single-page applications
- Fluency in testing frameworks such as RSpec and/or Cucumber
- Experience working with multiple types of SQL and NoSQL datastores including MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, and more
- Good hands-on knowledge of CI/CD tools
- You are familiar and comfortable using design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Zeplin, Figma
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Self-managing, both in motivation and learning
Would be Nice Features
- Experience working with a variety of backend and frontend languages such as PHP and Node
- Experience with React, GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience in Heroku, AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker andKubernetes)
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and BigCommerce
- Comfort working in highly agile, iterative software development process
- Working experience in a fully remote working environment.
- Monday-Friday shift of 8AM-5PM Manila Time
- Eastwood OR Alabang after pandemic
By clicking on the “I’m Interested” button I hereby allow Outsourced Quality Assured Services, Inc. (“Outsourced”) to store and collect my personal information for the purposes of employment application. As such, I agree and authorize Outsourced to collect, store, or continue to use my personal information for the above-stated purpose, and to retain my personal information for a period of 1 year, and for these purposes only.