“It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! Magazine Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine…”
Is blockchain real or just a figment of people’s imagination? Come help us discover the next great technology revolution…
About the Role
We are looking for strong backend Ruby developer to help create internals tools, CLIs, and backend software.
This is a full-time remote position on our Internal Tools team with ideal candidates in PST time zone +/- 3 hours.
What’s unique about this role is that your customers are the company itself – our developers, Ops team, and others. If done right, this is a high leverage role impacting many parts of our business.
And given we’re in the crypto/blockchain space, there is a ton of whitespace, areas to improve, and things to invent.
If you enjoy figuring creating well thought out interfaces/APIs on top of multiple backend systems, this role might be a good fit for you.
This person will report to the Internal Tools Team Lead and work with a group of generalist developers. Critical that interested candidates are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects.
- Creating internal tools/CLI/apps in Ruby
- Understand needs of internal team members (technical and non-technical)
- coming up with elegant solutions and interfaces
- 3+ Years of Primary Ruby Experience
- Experience building backend systems software and CLIs in Ruby
- Crypto-interest a positive
- Interest in building greenfield CLI tooling
Benefits & Impact
- Fast growing Series B stage startup where you’ll make a true impact on the product, customers, team and the larger blockchain/crypto space
- A culture of honesty and risk taking in a “non corporate environment”
- Work remote, flexible hours
- One of first 100 employees; opportunity to grow as we grow.
- Equity ownership + competitive salary
Figment, a VC funded technology startup, provides safe and transparent token staking services for blockchain networks.
The founding team has over two+ decades started, built, and scaled four internet infrastructure related businesses. This deep experience in IP networking, data centers, cloud security, and databases combined with our passion for decentralization lead us to starting Figment Networks.
We want to build an organization that on the one hand provides needed infrastructure & software to blockchain networks/communities, and on the other hand serves the needs of institutional and large token holders. To do this we are focusing on operational best practices (including security), software tools, research, and legal/regulatory compliance.
Our data center and technical operations are based in Toronto, Canada and we are building a decentralized organization with team members located in New York, Vancouver, Warsaw and…Wyoming.