As a Sales Associate, you are the public face of the company. You are responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A sales associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies. Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact. Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Assisting in office work whenever required
Requirements and skills
Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Associate, Sales Representative or similar role
Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
Proficiency in English
Basic Math skills
Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
(Track record of over-achieving sales quota)
(Hands-on experience with POS transactions)
Familiarity with inventory procedures
Solid communication and interpersonal skills
A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
Availability to work flexible shifts
High school degree; BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus