We’re adding an Android Developer to our team. We are a small, very experienced product group, executing on a mission to use modern software practices to improve the lives of millions of people.
- enough experience to have made many mistakes
- a practical product-focused mindset
- an evidenced appreciation for interactive design and architecture
- impressive technical ease and facility
- experience with both native Android development and React native
- we’re using Firebase and Stream
In your first 6 months at Practice, you will
- jointly create a plan for getting to feature parity with our iOS app, and be responsible for execution
- launch our first Android app
- advise us on platform specifics for Android and collaborate to adjust our designs, where necessary
- improve our CX from an interactive design perspective
Other important details:
- We have a very international team, and we actively seek to increase our diversity. We welcome applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, abilities, cultural or ethnic origin and background.
- We work remotely. You can be located anywhere, but at our size most of the important meetings are happening during ET (America/New_York) working hours.
- You will have a lot of leash. Great collaborators can largely set their own hours and get things done their own way. We want you to own part of the platform.
- As an early employee with a team of repeat founders, you will have a front-row seat to watch how it can be done. Our team is outstanding, and over the next few years, you will have the opportunity to level yourself up multiple times.
- Design and usability are strategically important to us. You’ll be working closely with a designer. We hope you have an opinion.
- We’re intensely product-focused. We hope that what we make is beautiful, but we’re not building software for the sake of beautiful software. We’re building a system that will improve the lives of millions of people.
Please email your application to [email protected]. To float to the top of the list, please include brief answers to the following questions:
- What’s the worst programming mistake you’ve made in your career?
- Tell us about the piece of interactive programming you’ve done that you’re most proud of.
- What’s your favorite app and why?
- What experience have you had with React native? Have you also developed native Android apps? What are the trade-offs we should be considering as we approach this first build?