At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
The Campaign Manager team provides Event Organisers with the ability to communicate and market to their customers. Organisers can customise emails, target specific audience segments and configure schedules for these messages. Our upcoming work includes enhancing the reporting and metrics available to Organisers so they can measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. We provide a critical service for the Hopin platform which includes sending out event start reminders and purchased ticket confirmations.
The Campaign Manager team is looking for someone based in a European time zone.
We are looking for a self-motivated senior engineer with a passion for our business and for technology innovation. You will be writing logic and exposing API’s in a Ruby on Rails backend, optimising large volume email send jobs in Sidekiq with the opportunity to contribute to React on the Front.
- You’ll use your experience with email technologies and/or 3rd party services to help us be advantageous in the market. We currently utilise Sendgrid to manage our email delivery
- You believe in leaving things better than you found it – whether that be a piece of code, a jira ticket, or the new team you’re joining.
- You have a #NoEgo philosophy, so you’ll collaborate and learn from others and come up with the best solution
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’re a self-starter, able to deliver projects on time and with high quality
- Delivering software built with reliability and tests from the get-go
- Strong understanding of different software development practices, infrastructure, and how each can help ship more value to customers
- You understand when it’s worth refactoring versus when it’s good enough to ship now
- Ability to meet both technical and customer needs
Who You Are
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Passion for clean and appropriately tested code
- Self-driven and motivated to learn new skills
- T-shaped, must have capability across the entire stack and expertise in your area.
- Great communication skills in a remote environment
- Ruby on Rails
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.