We make elegant iOS-based photo booths connected to peripherals like printers, DSLR cameras, and LEDs. It’s all powered on the backend by a Node.js API, MongoDB database, and several microservices (also written in Node).
If you are a kind, respectful, and thoughtful Node.js developer who wants to focus on building high-quality APIs that serve data and process images and videos, we’re looking for you!
You’ll be working on a small team of backend developers, collaborating with other development teams, and architecting and implementing software that’s so good that our clients don’t even notice it exists.
You’d be working in a collaborative, remote-first environment, but we respect the need for independent and heads-down deep work, so we don’t have a lot of meetings or bureaucracy. If you are looking for a workplace that respects you as a person, and will both expect and help you to perform at your best, we are the place for you!
You don’t need to know all of these, but we hope you’re interested in these technologies and have at least some knowledge about most of them.
- AWS Infrastructure: Lambda, Beanstalk, EC2, S3, CloudFront, SNS, Elasticache, CloudWatch
- Other Infrastructure: GitHub, GitHub Actions
- Databases: MongoDB, Redis
- API: REST + GraphQL, Node.js, Express, Mongoose
- Technologies: FFmpeg, WebRTC, WASM
- Frontend: React frontend, iOS app
- Build great software!
- Upgrade the current software where it isn’t great 😥
- Make recommendations (and implement them!) for how to improve overall software quality.
- Update and upgrade API endpoints.
- Update GraphQL schemas to support new functionality.
- Integrate with 3rd-party services such as payment processors, email/SMS sending, etc.
- Integrate with 1st-party products and services such as our microservices and frontend apps.
- Collaborate with other staff to architect new features that make our clients super happy.
- If you have infrastructure, CI, DBA, or sysadmin experience, you would get to do that sometimes too.
- Most importantly, you MUST be kind, respectful, and thoughtful. Strong opinions are very welcome. Jerks are not.
- Secondly, you must be willing to work in the context of a team. Yes, many of your deliverables will be due to heads-down programming, but you can’t work in a vacuum or ivory tower.
- Hands-on work experience as a senior-level Node.js developer.
- Track record of building high-quality, battle-tested software.
- Experience working on cloud-based software, preferably a SaaS.
- Experience with all the basics: version control, CI, agile development, communication tools like Slack, etc
🏥 Health Benefits
👴 401K for California Based Employees
📚 Education Stipend
💻 Remote Work
💰 Bonus Plan
🏝️ Annual Retreat
✈️ Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
💼 Quarterly Financial Meetings
📊 Open Book Management
💪 Intimate Team