Our mission is to build the world’s leading online-to-offline shopping solution.
Locally was founded in 2014 in anticipation of changes in consumer behavior. We saw that shoppers were increasingly turning to internet-connected devices for decision-making and that nearby stores, the brands they carry, and their on-hand inventory were invisible to shoppers. So we built a solution.
Today, we help thousands of stores present their selection to nearby shoppers using ecommerce strategies. We provide users with novel, last-mile fulfillment options like in-store pickup and same-day delivery. We power over a million unique shopper engagements per day.
We are looking for a full-time, remote, DBA to join our engineering team. In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining our databases. You will curate architecture, design query plans and craft ETLs. You will make scaling decisions to help the company grow!
We are a passionate, creative, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in retail and several hundred of the world’s best brands.
What You’ll be Doing
- As Senior DBA at Locally you will be responsible for the resilience and efficiency of our production data systems.
- You will work with stakeholders to design and execute query plans that extract insightful data sets.
- You will help to devise and execute migration strategies.
- You will collaborate with developers on several projects and company objectives.
- You will work with a team of on-call SREs and SysAdmins to achieve robust security and compliance.
- 5+ years experience managing in-production, high availability, database systems
- Extensive experience in MySQL and/or Postgres required
- Capable of creating replication and failover patterns that achieve resilience and compliance
- Skilled in query design with ability to optimize for time and server load
- Comfortable working with automated configuration systems
- Experience with and managing Redis clusters/instances is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience scripting ETLs is a plus
- Elasticsearch/Lucene experience is a plus
Why You’d Want to Work at Locally
We’re an all-remote, growing, mission-driven startup with a casual and pragmatic culture. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including stock options, PTO, retirement plan, and major medical and dental coverage.
Locally is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] with your resume and a brief introduction.