Newsifier is a fast-growing and profitable SaaS startup that helps to grow online publishers with our own hosted SaaS CMS. Currently, our system processes more than 50 million page views per month. Our clients their websites get visited by millions of users every day.
We are ambitious but down to earth people who value a healthy work-life balance and take pride in improving our product every day and see our company grow continuously. Currently, we are a small team of people who all work remotely (Netherlands, Spain, Brazil).
Here you can watch a short introduction about our company and CMS.
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to help us shape the future of online publishing. In this role, you will have a lot of responsibility and impact on the course of the company’s front-end development.
You will be working with a highly motivated team that are specialists in their respective fields and you will have the possibility to help shape the front-end development strategy for the next years to come.
So we are looking for an experienced and ambitious person that likes to work for a fast-growing company where he or she can make a big impact.
Your first assignment will be to help us convert our CMS into a headless CMS. After finishing this, you will work closely with the rest of the team to make top-notch features which are used by millions of users every day. You’ll work closely with our product owner, back-end developer and designer.
We are looking for a true professional. Experience with high traffic websites is a big plus. Skills like coding efficiently (scalability), coding understandably and testing your work are key.
You are highly experienced (min. 3 years) in the fields of:
- Working with Git and keeping track of work that has been done
- Working with heavy traffic spikes (caching, efficient coding)
- Working with API’s (Rest API or GraphQL)
- Working with JAMstack & SSG (Static Site Generator)
You also have:
- Good communication skills and high level of written and spoken English
- Deep knowledge of UI/UX
- A high level of individual problem solving capacity
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and a practical mindset to put them into practice
- The willingness to work at least 4 hours per day within the 9-5 PM range in the GMT +1 timezone
Would be nice if you also have:
- Experience with Bootstrap and/or Tailwind
- Worked with SaaS companies before
- Experience on different frontend frameworks like jQuery, nodeJS
- Experience in setting up tests to validate functionalities
- (Basic) knowledge of Laravel and PHP
- Experience in working in remote teams
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Stock options in a fast growing company
- The freedom to work remote (or from our Barcelona office) and the flexibility to decide on your working schedule
- The opportunity to make an impact. Your code will be used by millions of people around the world every day
- The opportunity to shape the frontend development strategy of the company
- Bi annual company retreats around the world