We’re adding a Full-stack Developer to be the point person for our payments architecture. We are a small, very experienced product group, executing on a mission to use modern software practices to improve the lives of millions of people.
- enough experience to have made many mistakes
- a practical product-focused mindset
- opinions about how to evaluate, target, and design an API
- impressive technical ease and facility
- our stack is next.js / vercel / firebase
- current APIs include Stripe / Google Calendar / Zoom / Segment
In your first 6 months at Practice, you will
- lead a handful of major customer-focused roadmap initiatives in the payments area
- architect the data relationships and flows between various object types in our database and the parallel object types in the Stripe API
- act as the PM of the payments area, interviewing and understanding customer needs and constructing a roadmap for payments
- analyze and report on risks related to data architecture
- implement integration tests for Payments
Other important details:
- We have a very international team, but we actively seek to increase our diversity. We particularly welcome applications from women, and from black and minority ethnic candidates.
- We work remotely. You can be located anywhere, but at our size today important work conversations tend to happen during ET (America/New_York) working hours.
- You will have a lot of leash. Great collaborators can largely set their own hours and get things done their own way. We intend to hire an expert, and we want that expert to own part of the platform.
- As an early employee with a team of repeat founders, you will have a front-row seat to watch how it can be done. Our team is outstanding, and over the next few years you will have the opportunity to level yourself up multiple times.
- Design and usability are strategically important to us. You’ll be working closely with a world-class designer. We hope you have an opinion.
- We’re intensely product-focused. We hope that what we make is beautiful, but we’re not building software for the sake of beautiful software. We’re building a system that will improve the lives of millions of people.
- What’s the worst programming mistake you’ve made in your career?
- Tell us about the piece of systems programming you’ve done that you’re most proud of.
- Tell us about your experience working with the Stripe platform.