Who we are
Nearsure was created to bring amazing talent within Latin America to the US market, helping professionals land cool projects and US companies build development teams efficiently. By being remote-first, we are able to build teams of top tech talent wherever they are in LATAM while keeping a lean organizational structure.
If you are a responsible professional who can communicate effectively in English and possess the right skills for the job, it doesn’t matter where you are, you can join a team of highly skilled multi-country people to work in very cool projects.
As a Java spring developer, you should have 5+ years of experience in software development and be able to facilitate, design, and develop technical solutions for existing Java applications and processes. You will interact with Architects, Public Health Administrators and Clinical Users, Peer Developers, QA and Project Managers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements. Understanding of microservices and containerized deployments are key.
Your future roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for sound and high-quality technical deliverables.
- Analyze, quantify and estimate the amount of work and time required for every sprint or release.
- Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business and its customers.
- Sense of urgency to develop or fix issues to deliver on time and with highest quality.
- Code with minimal bugs and incorporating the best practices of test-driven-development.
- Contribute to ongoing CI and Devops strategies for the organization.
Required soft qualifications to be successful in this role
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience with Agile Methodology (primarily Scrum)
- Ability to work well cooperatively with a team
- Jira/Confluence, and ability to document one’s code and processes.
Required Technical qualifications to be successful in this role
- Spring 5/Spring Boot, Java 11, JUnit, MySQL, Liquibase, Maven, Git
- Microservice Architecture
- Knowledge and good practices around coding for security
- Frontend knowledge sufficient to properly integrate (Angular2/Html/Css/Js) via RESTful services
- AWS experience, especially S3, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS
- Nice to have: Golang, Neo4j, Elasticsearch/ELK stack, Python, Bash
What we offer
- Work from home, with flexible working schedules
- Competitive salary in USD
- Paid time off (annual leave, national holidays, sick time and parental leave)
- Take part in challenging projects for distributed companies in the US
- Integrate a growing team with great opportunities for professional growth and a friendly, multicultural environment with a great company culture.
- A tailor-made benefits package focused on health, wellbeing, entertainment, training and personal finances available for you to choose what you really care about
We are a fully distributed, multicultural company looking for the best talent in Latin America. Don’t hesitate to apply if you feel you are a good fit for this position!
*Please note that we only process applications with resumes in English