WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
PickFu is looking for a seasoned professional to manage our in-house marketing team, develop and execute strategy, and lead PickFu into the next phase of growth. You will be joining a team that believes in honest tactics, high standards, and data-driven decision making. We value quality, integrity, and people over a quick profit. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and a product that can sell itself—and need you to get the word out there.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a small team of creatives, writers, and strategists. You’ll report directly to our co-founders.
- Responsible for carrying out a metrics-driven marketing campaign and growth strategy to reach existing and new customers.
- Own the top of the funnel metrics. Analyze data, measure impact, and revise as you go.
- Anticipate hiring needs, actively participate in the recruitment process, and develop a yearly budget for the marketing team.
- Analyze target market research to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Oversee social media, email marketing, content management, conferences (in-person and virtual), and PPC and paid marketing initiatives. Manage all marketing initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to create a meaningful, cohesive brand experience.
- Build and maintain relationships with marketing partners, external vendors, and other affiliates.
- You’re experienced. You have 4+ years of experience in a growth role as a Marketing Manager or Lead, executing marketing campaigns and managing a portfolio of diverse customers.
- You’re a strong communicator. You have a way with words. You are a strong writer with strong feelings about grammar, punctuation, and passive voice. You are comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- You can tell a good story. You understand the value of brand positioning, and that informs everything your team creates.
- You’re analytical. You have a soft spot for metrics and love to create actionable, data-driven decisions across all aspects of marketing. Bonus if you know SQL.
- You’re a people person. You’re excited to step into a leadership role and ready to cheer on your colleagues. You’re infectiously optimistic and energetic. You enjoy leading a team and working closely with others.
- You value relationships. We love our customers, but we also like the people we work with. As a member of PickFu, you will be a part of a dynamic, startup environment where you’ll help contribute to the success and culture of the company.
- Location: We are a remote-work company so you can be located anywhere, but you’ll need to be available during US hours (PST or EST).
- Experience scaling a marketing team during a startup growth phase.
- Comfortable working with diverse colleagues from different countries.
- Familiarity with online tools including Asana, Google Docs, Notion, and Slack.
- Worked remotely before, or know that you’d work well with a remote team.
- Experience marketing to a global customer base in their native language.
TEAM, CULTURE, VALUES
We have been fully remote since our start in 2008. We’re looking for creative, capable, and collaborative team members to join in and help build our momentum. As long as you have the skills and can get the work done, you can work anywhere (and anytime) you want.
We are a small but mighty team. We appreciate friendly people who can solve problems, get along with others, and tell us how to be better. We also aim to live a happy, healthy life away from work. We believe in reasonable hours, ample vacation time, and fun hobbies.
Communication is a big thing for us. We use Slack for chatting, Zoom for facetime, and Asana for planning. Our team meetings revolve around company updates, brainstorming sessions, feedback and check-ins, team building, and social events.
At PickFu, we value diversity. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
SALARY, BENEFITS, PERKS
- Salary range for this position is begins at $110,000 with comprehensive benefits. Applicants from outside the United States will be offered a contractor role with comparable terms and equal pay with our domestic employees.
- Unlimited PTO. Use it however you want. We believe in reasonable working hours and time away from the computer.
- Our equipment policy allows for a standard MacBook Air (or equivalent), and we’ll even help you set up your workstation.
- Professional development allowance towards education, books, or anything that you think will be beneficial in this role.