Defiant is hiring a Senior QA analyst. You’ll be testing a range of products in our organization including the Wordfence plugin, our e-commerce website, our internal threat intelligence platform, our customer service tools, and much more.
The team at Defiant is 100% remote, and you will be 100% remote in this role. You can work from anywhere as long as you have bandwidth. We do most of our calls voice only, and we also use push-to-talk so you can operate in noisy environments like a coffee shop, while traveling, or with kids around.
Our team tries harder, goes further, digs deeper, and pushes technology beyond its customary boundaries. WordPress powers 40% of the web, and we are the leaders in WordPress security. Our QA team tests software that is deployed to over 4 million websites. We test on a wide range of environments and with a range of configurations, and we have a long history of deploying stable, reliable, usable, high-performance software that delights our customers. You will be joining the team that makes that happen.
The salary range for this role is $90,000 to $120,000 with full benefits. It includes a no-strings-attached $15,000 dollar signing bonus on your first paycheck. We are confident you’ll love working at Defiant and being a part of our amazing team, and our signing bonus reflects that.
Our core hours are from 10am – 1pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. In general, we want our team to be available during that time, but we’re a realistic company, we understand that life happens, and we’re outcome-focused. So as long as you’re doing a great job and getting things done, we are flexible.
At Defiant we have one core value, and that is “Trust”. We trust that you’ll do a great job working remotely, be available during our core hours, and once you run out of work, find other ways to contribute. We don’t micro-manage and we don’t continuously monitor our team or their productivity. If you love QA, are passionate about your job, are productive, and can help the team ship great software, you’ll be very successful at Defiant.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
- Experience testing complex web applications is required.
- Experience with LAMP stacks is preferred.
- Understanding browser client-side errors, how to find them, and how to interpret them.
- The willingness and ability to dive into server logs to interpret them and include them in your bug report is a requirement.
- Experience working with a bug or issue tracking system like Fogbugz, which is what we use.
- SQL knowledge is required.
- Experience looking at data and tables in MySQL is preferred.
- AWS experience is preferred.
- Experience writing and executing test cases
All positions require a trial period of approximately 3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship. All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from an offer of employment with the company.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- Approximately 12 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.