Full-Time | Remote | Professional | Exempt
Meru Health (name inspired by the documentary Meru) is looking for a Senior Sourcer to join our Talent Acquisition team. This is a full-time, remote position. Most importantly, you are aligned with our mission and values and have experience in a VC-backed company. In addition, you genuinely care about the wellbeing of others and are passionate about both diversity, equity and inclusion. You have 5-7+ years sourcing experience, managing an average of 10-15 cross-departmental roles simultaneously. You have “been there, done that” when it comes to partnering with recruiters to effectively manage their expectations in a very high-impact and smart way where you’re the sourcing expert helping facilitate the team’s success. You are an outside of the box thinker with a high level of emotional intelligence, knowing when to have boundaries and when to flex with competing demands. You are an effective decision-maker and your time-management and prioritization skills are impeccable.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Ownership. The Talent Acquisition team is one of the most essential parts of Meru Health. Without our scalable sourcing efforts and hires, our company could not exist.
- Coaching. You will receive weekly coaching during your first 6 months to support your personal and professional development and goals.
- Growth Opportunities & Startup Experience. We are scaling extremely fast and our current stage of development is far beyond where our competitors’ were at in the stage we’re currently in.
- Trust / Flexibility / Fully Remote. There is a lot of ownership, flexibility and trust when it comes to the recruiting team. We meet daily, but your schedule is your own as long as you get your work done.
- PTO. 4 weeks of PTO your first year and 5 weeks after that + 12 paid holidays
- Multicultural and International Team. Surround yourself with a global team who’s passionate about DEI and cares most about the wellbeing of people and the world. We do our best to practice and keep each other accountable when it comes to diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence while knowing we are all a work in progress.
- We are Revolutionizing Mental Healthcare. Join a team that is changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive. We work with Stanford, Harvard, UC Davis and other top universities as well as insurance companies like Cigna & Humana
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Full-Cycle Recruiting: managing 15+ roles at any given time from sourcing to outreach, coordination, debriefs and negotiating offers (experience recruiting in the mental health field preferred)
- Partnering w/ Hiring Managers: partnering, coaching, educating and working with our hiring managers to sharpen their skills and our overall industry knowledge to ensure we’re accurately managing candidate and interviewing team expectations from the start of each kick-off call
- High-Volume Recruiting/ Time Management & Prioritization: managing 15+ roles from entry to C-level while partnering with recruiters to reach our hire goals
- DEI Sourcing & Marketing: writing effective and high-trafficked blurbs for social media platforms and identifying the appropriate job boards for specific roles
- Strategic & High Impact Thinking: creating creative sourcing strategies and outreach material where you are reaching out to 500+ leads weekly
- Communicating: managing verbal and written correspondence with 500+ people weekly
- Connecting: genuinely connecting with key stakeholders and all prospective leads
- Educating: your approach to selling is one of education; you enjoy educating people to help them understand why and how they’d benefit from an opportunity so they can make the best informed decision
- Being a Team Player: you think and make decisions based on what’s best for the team
- Being Solutions Oriented: you like the rush of being challenged with an issue and taking the initiative to solve it
- Having an Engineering Mind: you enjoy data analytics and are very much metrics driven
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- At 6 months: you’ve learned our culture and you are effectively managing 10-15 roles across departments
- At 9 months: you have begun building out target profiles for several roles within various departments
- At 1 year: you have helped close 15+ roles with a 90% retention rate
- Skilled in communicatingwith & partnering with executives to fill their roles
- Effective decision-making, healthy boundaries and encouraging accountability
- Boundaries, fostering accountability and being the expert in this partnership with recruiters: knowing when to flex, push back, coach/educator and redirect to ensure positive, long term results
- High-volume experience across departments
- Passion for making mental healthcare more accessible, holistic and inclusive
- Compassion, kindness, inclusion, transparency, teamwork and honesty
- Humility with a competitive spirit and growth mindset
- Drive: you have a desire to continuously learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Ownership: you see a need and take initiative (ask for forgiveness, not permission)
- Integrity: your actions reflect your values regardless of whether there’s an audience
- The ability to be comfortable in the midst of constant uncertainty, change and potential discomfort: working in an environment that is constantly changing excites you
- A willingness to risk failing in order to succeed
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7+ years high volume, DEI sourcing experience
- Experience sourcing for a VC-backed company – a rapidly growing environment
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Highly competitive market rate + stock options
- Health Benefits: Meru Health pays 100% of premiums for full-time employees’ Medical, Dental, & Vision and 50% for dependents + $1500 contribution to an H.S.A. to single enrollees and $3,000 to those with dependents
- 4 weeks of PTO the first year → 5 weeks of PTO thereafter + 12 paid US holidays
- Full internet and mobile phone expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend (+ intermittent wellness challenge bonuses)
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access to our 12-week Meru Health digital mental health program for yourself + 2 family members or friends
- Flexible work hours in remote setting
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- A multi-cultural, multi-national, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
From an organizational perspective, Meru is a flat and non-hierarchical company with Scandinavian/Nordic roots and with a high degree of independence and trust. This means that we look for people to join the company who are highly self-driven and act like entrepreneurs. This also means we expect a lot and also give a lot of freedom and room for creativity.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.