You will be responsible for planning and implementing game functionality, building the app code, and ensuring the quality of the finished product. You will write efficient code, optimize the general performance of our app and help keep bugs at a minimum level.
- Work on our educational app MarcoPolo World School with Unity in C# for iOS and Android
- Help with roadmapping, feature planning and implementing best practice approaches to code
- Plan and implement game functionality to build robust game systems
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Collaborate with game artists and developers to establish an effective production pipeline
- Unity, C#, Mobile Experience (iOS, Android) – minimum 5 years experience
- Comfortable writing well-structured code and committed to code quality through any means, code reviews, automated testing and tooling
- Graduate within a computer science or game development based field or similar
- Strong understanding of design and programming best practices and design patterns
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Calm and professional attitude
- Team player with a hardworking can-do attitude is a must
- Must be organised and able to prioritise and manage work and adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/good knowledge of the mobile app space
- Experience/good knowledge of the kids’ educational space
- Native level fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work without direct supervision and comfortable using initiative in a lean start up
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
- Experience working in a digital/Mobile/App-based startup environment
Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits/incentives to be discussed.
We want to recruit the best talent for the next phase of company growth. MarcoPolo Learning is based in London, New York and Shanghai. We operate a remote working model and will prioritize the best candidate in any location.