SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
Oversee the Record to Report (R2R) Team’s operational performance and ensure excellent service delivery in accordance to the defined SLAs/KPIs. The Supervisor will also be working closely with the Regional Process Owner to drive and deliver the Global Standard Process to streamline the R2R processes and help drive process improvement projects and ensure team’s compliance with internal controls. Supervisor will also drive strong working relationship with the stakeholders and GBS Management
1. Drive operational excellence by providing guidance and support to the in-scope countries in delivering timely and accurate financial transactions for Record to Report including but not limited to:
a. General Accounting
o Review manual journal entries and ensure that proper supporting documents and approvals are obtained and attached in the system
b. Cash Management/Treasury
o Review bank reconciliation and ensure that reconciling items have been properly identified and cleared the next accounting period
c. Intercompany Accounting
o Ensure team and country’s compliance to intercompany accounting policy
d. Fixed Asset Accounting
o Ensure compliance with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) policy
e. Month-end Closing
o Coordinate month-end closing calendar to affiliates and R2R Team and drive completion of tasks as per agreed deadline
f. Reconciliation (Lead Schedules, Balance Sheet Recon)
o Drive completion of monthly reconciliations based on agreed schedule
o Review of schedules and ensure that open items are properly supported and that the balances are tied up to the trial balance. o Coordinate with Order-to Cash (O2C) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P) to ensure that the schedules assigned to them are also actioned and completed on time
g. Inventory Accounting
o Ensure that the R2R Team posts needed accounting adjustments as per advise and supporting documents provided by Local Finance Team
h. External Reporting
i. Management Reporting (e.g., P&L Analysis)
j. Implement global standard process
2. Ensure compliance to the Group Financial Manual.
3. Identify, facilitate, and implement process improvements.
4. Lead and drive the GBS R2R Team activities.
· Distribute the workload and supervise the team on daily basis.
· Manage HR matters (e.g. training, leaves monitoring, performance evaluation).
· Serve as the point of contact for issues escalation within R2R process.
· Organize and lead team meetings.
· Coordinate with other teams to resolve any issues and complete deliverables.
· Prepare operational KPIs and performance reports and report result to stakeholders.
· Build and maintain relationship with the countries and GPOs.
· Disseminate information to direct reports.
· Schedule regular touchpoint with FSSC Manager and Affiliates.
· Promote work life balance and ensure that team members are motivated.
· Create positive environment by living the SGS Values.
· Organize team engagement activities.
· Degree in Finance and Accountancy
· 8 to 10 years of experience in Record to Report function
· Leadership experience
· Focus on Analysis and Reporting
· Relevant shared service migration and operating experiences