SGS is the leading Inspection, Testing, Verification and Certification company.
The main responsibility of this role is to manage data reporting and project deliverables related to Real-Time Continuous Environmental, Health & Safety Monitoring services for clients including:
o Maintains EHS tools for data presentation and delivery to clients, including all database/dashboard configurations.
o Assists internal clients in all elements of successfully operating the monitoring systems.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following activities:
- Designs, manages and supports data dashboard deliverables and associated project workflows for analyzing continuous monitoring data to strict quality and ethical standards.
- Provides total project team responsiveness.
- Responsible for liaising with project teams in order to have a full knowledge of project requirements, and documenting requirements accordingly
- Carries out project work including development and creation of analytical data outputs and reports to complement and assist with wider objectives on client EHS projects.
- Responsible for continually looking for ways to improve processes.
- Answers technical questions posed by clients and other employees.
- Attends data integrity training and signs off acknowledging understanding and responsibility therein.
- Ensures cleanliness of work area, instruments and supplies.
- Responsible for the timely response to all e-mail, voicemail, verbal and written requests.
- Follows all guidelines for acceptable quality control, investigates quality control failures and rectifies problems and brings any discrepancies to their supervisor’s attention.
- Initiates corrective action requirements as required.
- Reviews, schedules and prioritizes workload, performs preventive maintenance and monitors instrument connectivity, ensures that all QC procedures are followed and that they meet necessary criteria.
- Operates within the guiding principles of the company.
- Other duties as assigned related to the job function.
- At all times, adopts a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the Health & Safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures
- At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Sciences or in a related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the related field (project work, database applications, remote monitoring, etc.)
- Languages: Fluent in English and the language of allocated territory. Multiple language proficiency would be an advantage.
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic organization: continuous monitoring or consulting-related will be a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of database applications.
- Project Management and organizational skills. Familiarity with overseeing international projects involving different countries and cultures is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Ability to manage relationships under stress
- Team player, real ability to network
- Professional, high standards in personal presentation
- Business acumen & target driven
- Strategic thinking, analytical skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and to build robust plans and winning proposals
- Availability, flexibility and responsiveness
- Strong service-oriented mindset
- Diplomatic and assertive
- Highly undertake to achieving time frame previously defined and agreed with customer
- Highly skilled at setting up strong networking internally and also within the client’s organization, in order to be in the best position to drive and oversee change.
- Excellent computer literacy in the use of both MS Office and internal IT systems