SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
*** This is a fully remote position; international applicants welcome!
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Director of Product Design
As the Director of Product Design, you are responsible for growing and mentoring the UX Design team, implementing and managing design processes, and cross-functional partnerships with Product and Engineering. You have an impeccable eye for design and detail, and you are comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced startup environment. You have deep understanding of Lean Product and Lean UX practices, and know how UX Design fits into an Empowered Product Team.
You have experience building and leading design teams and have a track record of delivering business impact and delivering exceptional, visual polish, experiences, and complex interactions. You are a proven leader and excellent communicator and never shy away from a challenge. You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, marketers, and executives.
- 5+ years experience in designing successful enterprise SaaS products
- 5+ years in managing and coaching designers in an enterprise SaaS environment (MarTech-related a plus)
- Deep understanding of goal-focused interaction design process
- Deep understanding general principles of interaction design and user experience (“About Face” [Cooper])
- Established process for creating design solutions that enable users to achieve their jobs to be done
- Deep understanding of visual hierarchy, composition, color theory, rhythm, and accessibility
- Deep understanding and process orientation towards Design Research
- Deep understanding and established practice of usability testing throughout design lifecycle
- Deep understanding and practice of measuring the success of designs through key interaction metrics and goal achievement rates
- Solid understanding of Nielsen Norman Group materials, NN/g UX Mastery & UX Management certifications preferred
- Experience working in an Empowered Product Team with Lean principles (“Inspired” & “Empowered” [Cagan], “Lean Product Playbook” [Olsen], “Lean UX” [Gothelf])
- Skilled in giving feedback, creating accountability and building trust (“Crucial Accountability” [Patterson], “Radical Candor” [Scott], “Speed of Trust” [Covey], etc)
- Demonstrated track record of partnership with product management and engineering in creating missionary product teams
- A life-long learner, always looking for the next book for insight and inspiration
- Curious and empathetic about the customer’s problems
- Driven with a strong sense of urgency in solving the most important problems
- Ability to transform ambiguous problem spaces into products with clear vision
- An exceptional communicator: You share your design thinking by stating upfront the design goals and user flows you are solving for. You can verbalize why certain choices were made and the pros/cons of any alternatives you considered.
- Open-minded, self-aware and humble – you take feedback without defensiveness and will incorporate others’ perspectives if they make sense.
- An ownership mentality – You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. You feel accountable for the usability and customer experience of everything your team designs.
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture.
Why you’ll love it here
- Fully remote, diverse international team
- Work directly with product and technology executives
- Active career coaching and professional development to keep you growing
- Learning budget (books, online courses)
- Directly see the impact of your work by working closely with customers and help build the fastest-growing mar-tech platform for top brands
What’s SOCi’s culture like?
SOCi stands for Selfless, Overachievers, Customer Centric, and Innovative. We strive to be in service to each other, consider learning as Job #1. We are life-long learners and care to grow the company just as much as we care to grow each other. We obsess over the customer problems such that we can deliver the most valuable solutions to them. We hold each other accountable, are candid in our feedback, and expect you to do the same. It’s okay to make mistakes, it’s not okay to not learn from them. We partner strongly across departments and function, as we know it’ll take a village to succeed. One team, one dream.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.