Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
As a member of the Tax Localization APAC Team, you will be part of a group of highly skilled, motivated and dynamic people that are responsible for developing tax solutions and standardization of the Avaloq Core for the APAC region including Australia.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills who is interested in designing and developing scalable solutions for the financial services industry.
This job represents a unique opportunity to advance your development skills, but also to acquire banking and wealth management know how on a top level. You will become an expert of our core banking software and the corresponding business processes in the industry.
Your mission (responsibilities)
· Design and develop new features for our tax modules from inception to production, with a cross-functional mindset
· Solve complex problems at scale and develop high performance solutions
· Maintain existing functionality and resolve defects
· Contribute to the technical direction by actively participating in solution design
· Ensure high quality of our software via code reviews and automated testing
What you need
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
· Strong software engineering skills, understanding of software development processes and best practices
· Excellent analytical skills and high standards of quality
· Experience working in an agile team environment across multiple locations
· Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in development of enterprise software solutions, ideally with relational databases
· Fluent English language skills to closely collaborate with customers and colleagues globally
You will get extra points for the following
· Knowledge in Oracle database architecture and PL/SQL is a plus
· Experience in one or more high level programming language is a plus
· Experience or a keen interest in the financial services industry is a plus
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!