As a senior SDET, the QA team (as well as other teams) will look to you for your expertise to help build the QA processes, automation and infrastructure, ensuring the highest quality of the final product. If you’re excited about working in a collaborative environment then this role is for you!
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
- Partner with QA team members to define tooling that enables improving testing efficiency, coverage and reliability for Mediavine’s product suite.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute end to end automation scripts/suites
- Identify, record, document and thoroughly track bugs
- Perform rigorous regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to further identify product requirements and user expectations
- Track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts)
- Must currently live in the United States.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- TypeScript experience
- Demonstrated experience in test automation using Cypress
- Strong experience with CSS/HTML, WordPress and similar CMS
- Experience with API testing
- Experience managing, tracking and organizing software tests using a test case management tool: TestRail, Qase or similar
- Experience with GitHub & command line
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills in web, mobile and WordPress environments
- Experience in writing clear, comprehensive test plans, test cases and bug reports
- Goal driven and product-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and also as a reliable team-worker
Nice to haves:
- Good knowledge and understanding of testing approaches for web APIs, including GraphQL and/or similar web service architectures
- Experience using NPM, Composer and Yarn package managers
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Understanding and experience with relational and/or noSQL database testing
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams in a tight deadline environment
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.