Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), continuous learning benefits, access to counseling sessions, paid time off including volunteer days and holiday breaks. The meal subsidies, company trips and other perks are just cherry on top of the work-from-home setup.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly, so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
Balsam International is looking for a Sr. Content Marketing Analyst who will be responsible for leading a team of content creators (blogs, website content, promotional copy, influencers, You Tube etc.) to create and execute the best possible content. This person is a master at both copywriting and long-form content and understands to a high-degree how to tailor content to fit with the buyer’s journey and persona. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of success metrics around content and has experience in the complex digital marketing space.
You will be part of the greater content marketing team and tasked with working cross-functionally and cross-geographically to ensure the Manila-based team understands the strategies and execution requirements of their functions. The Sr. Content Marketing Analyst is a hard-working and trustworthy individual with a high-level understanding of writing to influence buyer behavior, understanding the buyer’s journey and how to speak to them, copywriting, editing, and organizational process. You bring a positive attitude, creativity in testing ideas. The Sr. Content Marketing Analyst takes a lead role in the end-to-end content creation process from ideation, execution, data, and insight gathering, strategy & campaign development and planning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execution of, and input into content strategy provided by managers, brand leads and cross-functional (XF) teams.
- Meetings with TA Leads/XF teams for idea generation.
- Competitor and trend analysis
- Responsible for strategic recommendations and activities oversight. Help the team understand performance targets and goals. In coordination with the Engagement & Brands Leads.
- Provide feedback to a team of content marketing analysts
- Manage and oversee all KPIs related to projects and channels.
- Discovery and testing of new promotional channels for content
- Oversee the creation of all content (blogs, resource center, website projects, web copy writing, You Tube, influencer campaigns and social media projects) and the final approver.
- Provide input into all third-party agency partner content creation.
- Constant contact with the Engagement Team and Brand Leads and the Content Marketing Manager (Manila)
- Attendance in Integrated Planning meetings to ensure proper content is being developed.
- Ensure written content and imagery is brand-appropriate and adheres to assigned brand guidelines in terms of style, quality, and tone.
What you bring to the table:
- 3-year experience with writing in the digital marketing space
- Experience in data analysis, insights, and content strategy creation
- Understanding of content marketing strategy and execution
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Passion for writing and ability to write engaging and informative copy on various subjects
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (long-form, blog posts, social, etc.)
- Excellent command of the English language, with a high level of American English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Must be proficient in basic MS Office applications and comfortable performing online research as required
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Proactive, efficient, quick to learn, and you have a strong work ethic
Location: The Sr. Content Marketing Analyst position is a remote working position for Balsam International Unlimited Philippine ROHQ in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are located within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must attend occasional in-person meetings when it’s safe for everyone to do so. For 2021, all in-person gatherings in Balsam are suspended until further notice. The safety of our team members is of utmost importance.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 10 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk: Macintosh HD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber, or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 10MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time
Benefits & Perks:
- Government-mandated Benefits
- SSS, Pag-ibig, Philhealth
- 13th Month Pay
- Leaves (Maternity, Paternity, Solo Parent Leave, and Special Leave for Women)
- Paid Time Off
- Monthly Internet Subsidy
- Paid Shutdown Week
- Healthcare Coverage with Accident and Death Insurance (+2 dependents)
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (Mental Health Support including counseling and life skills trainings)
- Annual Company Trip
- Discretionary Annual Incentive Plan
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave