At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
FA engineer have the opportunity to work with internal stakeholders as well as with customers around the world. We directly contribute to HMO and the company’s success as a whole by driving component head failure analysis from Backend to HDD. Provide effective and timely feedback of root cause analysis as key metric in sustaining head quality, reliability and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and execute head component FA primarily to determine root cause of failure from Backend in-process, HDD manufacturing and reliability both internal and external or field-return.
- With root cause analysis established, engineer to work with engineering and development stakeholders to define solutions and corrective actions.
- Support Test development teams in head component test optimization on NPI and new technology ramp.
- Support in head component reliability at BE in-line and process changes by providing physical characterization on reliability metrics e.g. HAST, HOC qualification and in-line yield improvement.
- Monitor HDD quality and reliability pertaining to head performance
YOUR EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related technical degree required.
- Relevant experience in HDD industry will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge on Head component Backend processes from Slider Fab to HGA. Background on Slider/HGA component LLP and key parametric is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on head component electrical tests Quasi and DET and key parametric related to drive failure.
- Basic knowhow on HDD assembly, manufacturing and drive reliability test beds
- Hands on experience with Oscilloscope, Digital multimeter will be an advantage
- Basic statistical/data analysis or Six Sigma experience, with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel, including purchasing, production, engineering and quality teams.
- A self-starter and ability to work with global organizations.
- The ability to work to deadlines in a team-oriented environment are essential
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.