SystemOne is searching for a senior network engineer to build & maintain our virtual WAN infrastructure.
As an Applicant You Are Expected to Have:
- Several years experience as a networking engineer.
- At least five years of professional technical experience building, improving and maintaining soft routing & firewall infrastructure.
- Ability to work & communicate with the team in English.
- Working experience with Ubuntu, Strongswan, Quagga, UFW, IPTables, OpenVPN, Unix network stack and Windows network stack.
- Proficiency in AWS VPC, routing tables, security groups and NAT gateways.
- Thorough understanding of web networking concepts & standards (routing, subnetting, BGP, TCP/IP).
- Familiarity with packet monitoring tools and methods.
- Experience troubleshooting & optimizing network infrastructure.
- Ability to document and automate the provision of network infrastructure.
- Experience with active network monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate & document existing networking infrastructure.
- Periodically evaluate the network for security & performance improvements.
- Document the provisioning and configuration of networking infrastructure using Ansible.
- Enhance networking capabilities by configuring existing networking infrastructure and utilizing new technologies to provide finer grained control of routing and interoperability of each node on the network.
- Work with roaming SIM providers to route traffic through SystemOne infrastructure.
- Implement monitoring tools to aid in the effective rollout of remote devices that use roaming mobile networks for connectivity.
- Collaborate with an excellent team of product managers & engineers to produce high quality networks to enable secure, real time transmission of sensitive patient and medical diagnostic data.
- Evaluate client side hardware such as cellular/satellite modems, routers and single board computers for use in a wide range of countries and low resource settings.
About the Organization:
SystemOne is a technology business that has served healthcare organizations to reduce the burden of infectious disease since 2013. We employ a team of engaged software professionals that is focused on providing high quality user experiences and facilitating the integration of a heterogenous IT landscape.
Our engineering team prides itself in delivering impactful products to health organizations, striking the correct balance between delivering solutions within ambitious time frames and enabling people with high quality IT systems without over-engineering our products.
The team is currently distributed across Europe, Africa & the Americas. We have a strong, hands-on CTO who supports initiatives to continuously learn and share knowledge.
Candidates must embrace SystemOne’s Core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple.
How to Apply:
- Use the job advertisement application link:
- Fill out the required questionnaire
- Provide a link to (or a copy of) your resume, profile, or portfolio (e.g., your website, GitHub, etc.)
We unfortunately can’t accept applications that lack the 2 items listed above.