The Mobile Engineering Team is looking for the right engineer with a strong Devops and automation background to join our team. A successful candidate will be creating and building internal tools and APIs to enable our Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment systems to efficiently manage our compute, network, and storage platforms.
You will have the opportunity to participate and be part of our highly skilled team and will contribute to the design, development, and engineering of the technology infrastructure supporting Ting Mobile services.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with members of internal Engineering and DevOps Tools and Automation team to build and create internal tools and APIs for managing our network and cloud infrastructure.
- Research, innovate and implement new technologies that improve our velocity.
- Maintain and improve existing deployment tools.
- Convert existing legacy applications to run on new technologies such as docker.
- Provide domain expertise for solutions and applications for tooling
Who You Are:
- Strong Python coding skills, 3+ years experience.
- Shell scripting (Bash).
- Extensive experience with Linux. We use Debian but we expect that you can easily pick up other distributions.
- Experience with Saltstack or Ansible python based automation frameworks. Able to extend these frameworks with new modules.
- Automating builds with Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code principles and best practices.
- Experience with metric monitoring tools such as prometheus, alert manager, graylog, elastic search.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend new technologies.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
Who You Might Be:
- Familiarity with Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic stack, graylog.
- Familiarity with Perl, Groovy and frameworks such as Django, Flask, Ruby On Rails.
- Experience with Hashicorp tools such as Terraform, Nomad, Vault, Consul, Vagrant.
- Familiarity with concepts of GitFlow and automation tools like github actions.
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
Salary and compensation
$100,000 — $150,000/year