tawk. to, the world’s #1 business messaging application is expanding its engineering team and is seeking an experienced DevOps.
Every day we get to build an array of awesome systems at scale, including search, concurrency, content organization, real-time metrics, deployment, and event-driven, low-latency, concurrent apps. Our current systems are mostly built on Node.js.
We focus on fast, iterative development (over 200+ deployments just last month), and collaborative, interactive programming. Developers work within small cross-functional teams of 3-6 crews that rely on one another to champion their project goals and in setting their own priorities are expected to build and deploy applications quickly and iteratively.
Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide
Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor the progress and implementation of initiatives
- 3 years of experience running large scale deployment
- Strong Linux experience
- Champion of automation
- Deep understanding and experience of networking on the cloud: VPC, firewall, Load Balancers
- Deep understanding and experience of configuration management: Chef or Puppet
- Champion of reproducible infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code), using tools like Hashicorp Terraform and Hashicorp Packer
- Proficiency in writing a shell script
- Ability to speak & write at a high level in the English language
- Google Cloud Platform
- Implementing and running CI/CD
- Strong understanding of distributed computing
- Node.js applications in a production environment
- NoSQL databases in a production environment: MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- In-memory key-value storage (Redis) in a production environment
- Message brokers/ message queues in a production environment: Google PubSub, Redis PubSub, Kafka
Bonus Points for
- Deploying a containerized application in cluster: Kubernetes
- Using Hashicorp Vault to manage secrets: API keys, passwords, or certificates
- Academic background in computer science
- Managing remote teams
What we offer:
We are able to offer a competitive salary, depending on your experience and demonstrated capabilities.
Why tawk.to is a great place to work?
We are a highly motivated, friendly, and globally distributed team. Our company has grown but we’re still a small team, so everyone that delivers in their area can have and make a big impact, and there are career growth opportunities for our highest achievers.