Our company sells web development services as a subscription service to small to medium-sized businesses in the United States. We offer maintenance plans for websites as well as the initial design as a subscription, that way clients don’t have to be out of pocket for thousands of dollars to initially start their website. You can almost think of them as running a rental for their website instead of paying to get it done and owning it, although we do offer custom development if that’s the option they want as well. If you think of some of the subscription services like Shopify, Square Space or Wix we do the exact same thing but it’s more of a customized solution where we build them websites instead of them having a DIY solution.
What are the VA’s primary responsibilities?
- Primary responsibilities will include cold calling companies to sell our services based on the lists we will provide. These will typically be companies in the USA.
- They will hold a target and are expected to sell a specific number of subscriptions per month (15).
What would a typical day in this role look like?
- Cold calling numerous prospects based on a sheet that will be provided to each agent and selling the suggested solution based on a price list. They will be signing clients up online. There might be light chat or emailing with clients involved to provide information but nothing too extraordinary.
What are the “must-have” skillsets of a successful candidate?
- Must have sales experience and be comfortable performing cold calls. Good English speaking and writing skills. Able to handle objections & take a consultative approach to selling in order to communicate the value of our services to the client.
What are the “nice-to-have” skillsets of a successful candidate?
- Sales mentality. Web design, web development or graphic design experience. Someone who is persuasive and will not take no very easily. Call center experience. Willingness to learn. Experience with WordPress would be considered an asset.
What systems and software should be would you like the VA to be familiar with?
- OpenPhone (we will provide training on it)
Will the role be phone-based? Inbound/Outbound?
- Email Support
- Chat Support
- Phone Support
How will you measure the success of a person working in this role?
Each virtual assistant will have a target of 15 accounts per month for selling subscriptions or custom solutions – which will require setting up a meeting between the client and one of the business development executives. We would also like to track the number of prospects they are calling per day.
What geographic timezone will the VA be working in?
Eastern Standard Time (EST) USA
How many hours/week do you require the VA for?
What will the VA’s daily and weekly work schedule?
Monday through Friday. Option for 8 am to 4pm / 9 am to 5pm / 10 am to 6pm (flexible)
How do you prefer to communicate with your VA?
For interviews I would like to use Zoom but typically after they are hired, they will be using our chat within the platform “Teamwork” which is similar to Slack