Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin’s mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
The Technical Director – Engineering and Technical Services is responsible for the full spectrum of engineering activities which include managing and taking responsibility to elaborate concepts for new projects and implement signed-off projects. Leads the engineering team to achieve these goals.
The incumbent is expected to work closely with the country leadership team, engineering team and factory managers to provide a responsive engineering service that meets the business needs.
To manage and take responsibility for all projects which require engineering competencies
To work with a division engineering team to manage all external consultants including reviewing the production drawings for the design of site developments, to conduct meetings with the local management team, negotiate the best deals to maximize development potential & meet the business objectives.
The role will seek to improve the overall plant and facility performance, offer guidance and advice across a range of technical areas and support the development of technical expertise within the divisions
To contribute as part of the Management Team to the future direction of the business and towards achievement of 1FG strategic goals.
● Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Ten years of operations management in a food manufacturing environment
Preference for experience in a Meat Manufacturing industry
Preference for experience in frozen food manufacturing environment
Experience with refrigeration system
Safety Management and Risk Management experience with an ammonia refrigeration system preferred
· Licensed Engineer; Registered Mechanical Engineer or Professional Mechanical Engineer
· Global Business Knowledge – Understands business on a global scale; knows what works in Asian countries; understands what’s different from country to country, global differences in customers, knows how capital flows and operates internationally, understands the different laws and regulations govern global business; understands that different approaches work in different places.
· Decision Quality- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement, most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time, sought out by others for advice and solutions.
· Process Management – Good at figuring out the necessary processes to get things done; knows how to organise people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes, gets more out of fewer resources.
· Managing and Measuring Work – clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions, sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process, progress and results; design feedback loops into work.
· Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all level of people, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
· Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
· Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
· Developing direct reports and others – Holds frequent development discussions; is aware of direct reports’ or functional reports’ career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.