I’m Otto, the co-founder and COO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 4,900 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Test Development Specialist (editor) to join our quest to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- €35,000 – €46,000 (based on experience and performance) + stock options
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- €1000 remote working budget per year
- 4% of base salary learning & development budget
The job in a nutshell
Screening tests are at the core of TestGorilla’s product. The value we bring to our customers ultimately depends on the reliability and validity of these tests.
As a Test Development Specialist, you will work closely with subject-matter experts (SMEs) to create screening tests and build long-term relationships with them for continuous collaboration and support.
You will work as a “product owner” for the tests you will manage, helping set up subject-matter experts with the right guidelines, templates, and resources to begin working in the right direction. You will give SMEs editing feedback throughout the process to improve the quality of their work, and organize third-party technical reviews to ensure the accuracy, validity and overall quality of the content. You will also work with subject-matter experts on test updates and revisions from our published library.
As part of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on a number of projects and directly contribute to improving our product and offerings.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Work with subject-matter experts (SMEs) from various fields to create pre-employment screening tests.
- Guide the work of SMEs and give them editing feedback for expression, objectivity, and clarity, following best practices in test development.
- Collaborate with SMEs to address feedback from our users and our algorithms to improve tests.
- Help recruit highly qualified SMEs to create tests for our platform.
- Build strong relationships with your SMEs for continuous collaboration and support.
- Manage an area of our test library, making sure its tests are published correctly and are up to date.
- Contribute new test ideas and other hiring material (such as custom screening questions, interview questions, and practical job simulations) to help improve our offerings to customers.
- Contribute to improving our test development tools and processes.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs.
- You are fully aligned with our values.
- You have excellent English writing and editing skills.
- You have worked as an editor in the past (either formally or informally for colleagues), and understand how to guide others to clarify their ideas and improve their writing.
- You have a strong interest in testing, psychometrics, and hiring, and want to learn more about these topics.
- You enjoy researching and learning new things at a deep level.
- You are comfortable working with data and basic statistics.
- You work well with others and manage your collaborators independently.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.