Position: Junior Global Service Desk Engineer
Department: Technical Services
Location: Clark Global City, Philippines
Reporting To: Global Service Desk Team Leader
Suitable for: Recent graduates related to IT industry. 0-year industry experience.
TRT Solutions (trt.com) is a Global IT Services Company that deliver hardware maintenance system, software support, Managed and Professional services along with Web / Cloud Services on IT Server storage and networking infrastructure.
We have recently acquired several new global contracts and TRT is now recruiting entry level service delivery technical personnel.
TRT is built of the quality of the service that we provide to our client whether that is maintenance managed professional or the actual technology itself as service. It is all a service. So, no matter how strong you are in a technology you are unlikely to be a successful applicant for this role without a proven track record in delivery industry best client services. At TRT we service clients not technology a subtle but key differentiation.
In addition, we are looking for applicants that are willing to grow into cross technology specialists as storage, networking, or server specialist instead of just vendor-based specialist. The successful applicant must display a resilience in their previous work history that has meant that they have learnt and achieved where others failed to.
Onboarding Training Coverage:
1. Introduction to IT infrastructure (Network, Server, Storage)
2. Introduction to a Ticketing System
3. Global Service Desk Structure
4. Communication to global clients
5. Basic Troubleshooting
6. Ticket Handling Process
The primary functions of a Junior Global Service Desk Level 1 are to work along with L2 & L3 while working to resolve incidents for “entry-level” industry standard servers raised by global clients. This mainly involves hardware break fix, software like firmware troubleshooting.
1) Grabbing of incident tickets involving entry level industry standard servers:
· Basic server hardware issues (e.g. Hard Disks, Batteries, Power Supplies, Memory, Fans break fix)
· Basic software issues
2) Incident ticket analysis, remote support & resolution
3) Communicating with client though email, WebEx & phone call for incident ticket resolution updates
4) Coordinating with value chain administrators for spare parts requirement
5) Organizing field services engineers for onsite action required
6) Ticket escalation to Level 2
7) Ticket hand over
1) Ensure all logged incidents are resolved within the agreed SLA. Any potential missed SLA should be escalated to team leader
2) Ensure all communication to client are prompt, accurate, & professional to deliver best of client’s experience
3) Ensure accurate & timely issuance of purchase order requests (PORs), inventory movement requests (IMRs) to value chain administrator team
4) Ensure accurate & timely issuance of field engineer on site requests (FORs) or Service Partner Engagement form (SPEF) to field services team
5) Ensure timely escalation to Level 2 as needed through technical escalation requests (TERs)
6) Create, seek approval from Level 3, & implement change request form (CRFs)
7) Create daily/weekly/monthly reports for managed services clients
8) Documentation of problem resolution into TRT’s knowledge base
9) Continuously learn additional technical and non-technical skills
10) Compliance with company policy
· Candidates must possess a College Degree in information technology (IT), computer science (CS), computer engineering (CE), electronics & communication engineering (ECE) or related course for IT. Training and certifications would be an advantage
· Willingness to do both hardware and software support
· Willing to work in shifting schedule
· Willing to be assigned in Clark Global City, Philippines TRT office
Tech & Helpdesk Support