Join Trustana and be a part of our mission to democratize access to import & export markets for all. We are working towards facilitating international participation from companies of all sizes, and supporting the evolution and modernization of SMEs globally.
Trustana is a curated B2B trade platform of verifiable, international traders. Designed to empower buyers and suppliers to grow their businesses with confidence, Trustana connects trusted trade partners and supports them through their end-to-end trade journey.
Trustana’s goal is to enable buyers to bring the highest quality products to their customers by connecting them with pre-screened, curated international suppliers. It also helps suppliers to expand their customer base by supporting the internationalization of their products and connecting them with reputable buyers. The platform leverages decentralised technology to enable users to have control and ownership over their data.
Founded by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore, Trustana is based in Singapore with a hub in China.
The Trustana Trade Ops Team – What we do
The TradeOps Team at Trustana covers the cross border operational end to end process, from when suppliers engage us with products to buyers ordering from Trustana marketplace to receipt of products.
The team focus is to be the centre of excellence and one stop solution for represented suppliers in areas of compliance, customs regulations, freight and fulfilment management, shipping and customer relationship management to provide a seamless trade pipeline for importers and exporters.
The team analyses and monitors operational and cost KPIs across the region and root cause analysis when operational performances fluctuates.
- Build and maintain a robust compliance framework of policies, procedures, and documentation, with an emphasis on cross-border trade and supply chain finance to facilitate optimal business decision-making.
- Develop systems to track and monitor regulatory risk, compliance with regulatory requirements such as food safety and regulatory requirements of food ingredients.
- Work with teams to educate them about regulatory requirements such as Countries of origin, destination, and the country of incorporation of the relevant legal entity of Affinidi Group.
- Participate in compliance related projects including but not limited to projects in connection with AML/CFT, INCOTERMS, HS/HSN Codes, Adoption of New Regulations as they are issued, and Data protection etc.
- Scrutinise and test compliance programs, including quality assurance, analyse findings and work with operational teams to develop Risk-based approach, provide constructive feedback and be responsible for resolutions, including addressing audit findings.
- Adapt and focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs. Build technological ecosystems meant for cross border B2B trade.
- Collaborate with Business, Risk and Legal to produce constructive business outcomes while maintaining rigour in Compliance.
- Developing relationships with regulatory bodies and developing regulatory strategies aligned with the Business, Risk and Legal directions.
- Lead Trustana’s growth for building trade compliance competencies as a service to SME suppliers & customers.
- Degree in International Trade, Business and Finance/related disciplines with risk and compliance
- At least 10 years of regional working experience in Asia for import and export and/or payment. Experience in areas of B2B Trade/ E-Commerce / Marketplace preferred.
- Experience with Trade Sanctions Regime would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpretation for law and regulations
- Excellent analytical, investigative, and Compliance-Risk assessment skills
- Ability to prioritise workflows, detailed-oriented and well organised
- Ability to take ownership, work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Empathetic, patient and a great listener
- Able to strive well in an agile environment.
Our Culture & Benefits
We are a fast growing, multicultural organization with a range of talents from different parts of the world. A progressive company like ours embraces diversity and fosters an inclusive environment for our people to do their best. With a flat hierarchy, we ensure friendliness within our quarters and our employees are provided with unlimited annual leaves and extensive insurance coverage.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Our company embraces diversity in all of its forms and fosters an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.