– The Business Support Manager reports to the General Manager and shall have direct coordination with the Marine HR Manager in driving crew care and welfare.
– Provides a high level of support to Crew Operations for the management and continuous improvement of specific activities processes such as crew support, crew care and welfare, P&I crew claims, crew benefits, and industrial relations.
1. Provide support to the crew and work in collaboration with other department/sections to ascertain and carry out needs of operational nature to ensure smooth crewing operations.
2. Handle and attend litigation cases and review the legal risks involved to ensure that the company interest is protected.
3. To develop a brand strategy for the company. Oversee a wide array of business functions including branding, communication channels, online and offline promotions, and market research.
4. To oversee performance of business support personnel to ensure that deliverables are achieved and provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
A. Crew Support
1. Ensure that the company registration and accreditation with relevant government agencies are always updated and ready for inspection.
2. Ensure that all vessels manned by UltraShip Crewing Phils., Inc. are duly covered with P&I and MLC insurance and have a valid Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
3. Review and coordination with Garrets for vessel provisions.
4. Oversee that Drug and Alcohol test for all vessels are carried out on a timely manner and required certificates are uploaded in the system.
5. Sign crew employment contracts and other certification requirements of seafarers such as sea service records and other post deliverables services.
B. Crew Care and Welfare
1. Ensure proper, timely organization and coordination of crew welfare social and learning activities such as crew seminars and conferences.
2. Ensure continuous development of new enrichment programs for seafarers and their dependents.
3. Establish and maintains good relationship with seafarers, their families as well as with government and shipping industry.
4. To ensure that seafarers concern and grievances are being addressed to.
5. Participates in health insurance (HMO) negotiations and ensure that crew master list is updated.
6. Ensure social costs administration, to include among others, ensuring accuracy and timely processing and reporting of all government remittances of crew (ie. SSS, Pag-ibig, Philhealth, AMOSUP) and to prepare and monitor schedule of deductions to crew (ie. SSS loan, pag-ibig loan).
B. Crew and Customer Engagement
1. Relationship management, strengthen the team’s partnership with customer and seafarers by driving regular communication and interaction in day-to-day operational transactions.
2. Review of engagement survey results and propose action plans, driving regular process review for the purpose of providing value-added feedback and improvements.
3. Responding to escalated crew concern and issues.
4. Implementing customer support processes to enhance customer satisfaction.
C. P&I Cases
1. Ensure that the monthly P&I progress reports is communicated to relevant parties.
2. Provide assessment and recommendations on medical cases basis the labour laws, collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) rules and regulations.
3. Monitor sickness expenses and sick leave payments to sick crew.
4. Approval of medical expenses recommended by the company designated physician.
D. Industrial Relation
1. Establish and maintains good industrial relations with government and shipping industry such as DMW (POEA), MARINA, PRC, TESDA, to include Flag State Offices, and the Unions (AMOSUP.
2. To ensure company monthly reports are submitted timely.
3. To ensure that all government reportorial requirements are done on a timely manner
Strong management skills with extensive knowledge and expertise in the following:
- Philippine labour law, different vessel CBA’s, DMW (POEA) rules and regulations
- P&I Claims and Benefits
- Planning and organizing event, seminar, and conferences
Additional Skill Requirements:
Excellent interpersonal skills
Related work experience: at least eight (8) year same specialization
Amendable to work: Malate, Manila