- Responsible to perform financial functions related to the collection, recording, analysis and presentation of ship owning company’s financial operations. Preparation of the financial statements (SOA).
- Responsible for recording revenues and collection posting as per assigned vessels.
- Timely recording of financial invoices and payments.
- Analyze and record vessel operating expenses, crew-related expenses, business transactions and other posting instructions from client.
- Perform review of financial accounts to ensure correct transactions coding and accounting treatment; perform analytical review on the figures for accuracy.
- Perform bank accounts reconciliation and work with the authorizer for verification and posting of reconciling items.
- Liaise with various stakeholders on accounting matters such as but not limited to: month end accruals, intercompany billings and settlements.
- Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliation, account clearing (vendor, customer and balance sheet items), verification and resolving discrepancies/open items (GL & AP).
- Provide reports as per requirement of client and/or other concern parties and ensure adherence to client’s accounting reporting policies and procedures.
- Ensure all accounting treatment, processes and workflows comply with the accounting standards and company policies; review to maintain a robust accounting process.
- Maintain and keep supporting documents in digital form and properly filed at all times.
- Support internal reporting requirements for management and statutory compliance
- Initiate and participate in various improvement projects.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time that are necessary for service efficiency to the Client and to support department/company goals and objectives.
- Knowledge with tax planning for individual, ROC/TDS/PF Compliance, corporate tax returns and other Foreign Company compliance’s is a plus.
If you have prior experience in these areas, we would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding this
- Preferably Accountant/ Chartered Accountant
- With experience in Ship Management (General Accounting/ Corporate Accounting)