We’re looking for a front-end web developer to work on a six-month contract (with the option of an extension). The job is entirely remote, with variable hours available (20+ hrs per week expected).
The position will help the firm in its mission to create front-end technologies for visualizing social media data. Candidates must be familiar with working on an existing codebase without direct supervision and using project management software to stay on top of developments.
- Proficiency with a general-purpose programming language (preferably Python)
- Competency with a modern web development framework (e.g. Django, Angular, React)
- Knowledge of using REST APIs to access and manipulate data
- Background in using version control (git) on projects with multiple contributors
- Experience with utilizing the Unix command line on remote computers (SSH, etc.)
- Knowledge of user interface and user experience design (UI/UX)
- Competency in relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with querying ElasticSearch
- Background in working with social media data, including visualizations and analysis
- Proficiency with Asana or other agile project management software
Salary and Compensation
PHP 80000–100000 monthly based on experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are a non-discriminatory employer. We will give equal opportunity to everyone without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected status under applicable federal or state law. This policy covers all employment terms and conditions, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, remuneration, and training. Please notify the hiring manager if you need an accommodation to work because of any of these protected categories. The company will evaluate the request and make
The company is committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices. We strive to comply with all relevant federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination and will not tolerate any interference with our employees’ ability to do their tasks. Our policy reflects our commitment to the ideals of equal opportunity in employment and equality for everyone.