About the role
You will be responsible for enhancing WorldRemit’s global safeguarding framework, establishing globally consistent standards, ensuring ongoing compliance with local regulations and implementing best-in-class controls.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Finance team you will aim high, embrace challenge and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for the daily global safeguarding calculations ensuring that they are in line with the FCA/NBB/national regulator guidelines and submitted timely.
- Ensure all safeguarding breaches (and “near misses”) are escalated through to Compliance and any recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure the ongoing compliance with all safeguarding controls by the various teams in the business. This will include quarterly follow ups to ensure implementation and monitoring.
- Provide Financial Control with confirmation (monthly) that there is sufficient permissible investments to cover the outstanding customer liability at month end.
- Be the central contact for both Internal Audit and External Audit for their safeguarding audits and reviews.
- Ensure that all recommendations from Internal Audit and External Audit are remediated and implemented on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for one other team member including daily coaching, review of work, goals setting, bi-annual review of performance and overall development.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
What we’re looking for from you
- Background of Internal Audit / External Audit / Controls Implementation / SOX / Safeguarding
- Someone who can work independently with limited direction and supervision
- Control background and experience establishing and maintaining global policy frameworks and writing policy documents
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, with a process improvement and “no surprises” mindset
- Preferred: 2+ years’ experience in Safeguarding
- Preferred: experience within FinTech
Audit & Taxation