We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
As a Specialist (Senior Accountant), you will be part of a team responsible for performing day to day tasks within the Procure to Pay (P2P) stream – (Accounts Payable, Expense and Procurement) as well as Month End Closing process and some other specific accounting activities.
The performance should meet the requirements defined in the SLA/KPI’s (timeliness, accuracy).
As a P2P Specialist you will be performing various tasks within the P2P process including but not limited to:
· Identifies invoice and purchase order discrepancies and offers solutions
· Assisting with the resolution of discrepancies or problems that prohibit timely processing of invoices in the system.
· Providing support and assistance to colleagues with respect to accounting information
· Responding to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders regarding outstanding P2P inquiries (e.g. invoices, payments, travel and expenses audit responses).
· Following up on match exceptions and coordinating with Business
· Working closely with R2R team in ensuring that no AP transactions are outstanding in the bank reconciliation and cash management.
· Following up on transactions on the Accounts Payables Trial Balance (Ageing)
· Following up on open Purchase Orders and invoices on hold
· Preparing and reviewing accruals and any other month end P2P transactions
· Assisting in AP Subledger close and other month end activities
· Ensure monthly checklists are completed by the month end and signed off by P2P Supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
Minimum 3 years of related professional experience in Accounting / Finance – required (if this experience is within an SSC environment it is an advantage)
General knowledge of accounting principles – required
Experience in financial systems (knowledge of Oracle E Business Suite is nice to have)
Familiarity with excel – intermediate level
Experience in dealing with clients
Organized, with administrative skills
Ability to adapt quickly and demonstrate flexibility
Able to work independently
Strong team player
Customer service oriented
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Focus on achieving results and continuous improvement
Knowledge of Oracle E Business Suite is nice to have